Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Daily Discussions

I don't always feel like it, and I've even tried to avoid them, but I know there's a value in having daily discussions with the management team. In our case that's Andy, with me and Brian more as consultants to the business. With 1 full-time employee (plus Andy), there's not a lot of people stuff, but we have a lot of business to manage.

I find that I tend to get in a routine, used to hearing from him on a regular basis, touching base with how things are going, brainstorming, talking over the things working and not working, and making plans for the future. It's typically a meeting, and we try to not waste too much time, though I'm sure we've blown a few hours talking about wood, politics, or many other things.

Most of the time I find that 3 times a week is good, allowing us to touch base and chat about what's working and not working. It gives Andy a break from his normal work and it's "thinking time," which I don't get enough of at my day job and is invaluable for making the business grow.

No comments: