Friday, December 5, 2008

Inbox Zero

An interesting idea in this video. I’d recommend you watch this if you have too much email.

If I were in a company, I might try this, and I am getting to the point where I will close email sometimes. However I tend to work in a customer service area at times and it’s good to be able to respond to people. Plus the task switching, and wandering around a bit actually helps me think about things that I need to write about.

When you’re running your own business, however, it’s important that you recognize that your time has value. You might have to do everything, including emptying the trash cans, but that doesn’t mean you do it every hour. Nor do you need to respond to every email immediately. Use rules and learn to trash things that don’t make sense.

No comments: