Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Marketing Books



Marketing your products is hard, especially if you're not a marketing person. However my business partners and I have been trying to learn a bit more about what makes sense for marketing and how to do it as we strive to grow JumpstartTV and End to End Training in a soft economy.

I started Permission Marketing awhile back after seeing Seth Godin speak at the Business of Software conference. It was an interesting talk, and I found the book to almost be a common sense type approach to marketing. It has a lot of stories about various marketing strategies (good and bad) that have been tried. It also really tries to explain why permission marketing works better than interruption marketing.

My business partner started An Idiot's Guide to Marketing, which he liked as a basic introduction to marketing.

No comments: