Monday, September 14, 2009

Trolling the Internet

I had to run to Tires Plus recently to get a tire looked at. The sensor was showing it as low, and it seemed that I needed to fill it weekly. They looked at it, and when they were done, the manager pointed out a survey at the bottom of the form. It would only take a few minutes, and it would give me $10 off.

So I went home, and was disappointed the next day when the sensor came on. It took me a week to get back there, but the day I wanted to go back, I remember the survey, took it online in 5 minutes, and got a code to put on my form. I brought it back, they apologized and said they'd look at the tire again while doing my oil change.

They finished in an hour, and the next day my sensor came on. I think something is wrong, but I'm willing to overlook it a little.

Why?

The people there are very polite. They also thanked me for my blog. Apparently someone at Tires Plus scans the Internet, or apparently has a Google Alert set up, and noticed my blog. Not only did they let the store know, but the manager remembered it and thanked me personally.

Very nice service.

No comments: